Jigsaw Programme – ‘Changing Me’ and ‘Healthy Me’
· Learning that some of our characteristics have come from our birth parents and that this happens because the egg and sperm join together.
· Learning to correctly label the internal and external parts of male and female bodies necessary for making a baby.
· Learning to describe how a girl’s body changes and that menstruation is a natural part of the change needed to make babies.
· Learning to manage changes that will occur, not just in our bodies, but also with regards to our feelings during any changes.
· Learning to understand the facts about smoking, why some people choose to smoke and its effects on our health.
· Learning to understand the facts about alcohol and its effects on health, particularly the liver.