Jigsaw Programme – ‘Relationships’ and ‘Changing Me’
· Identifying roles and responsibilities of each family member, reflecting on expectations for males and females.
· Identify and put into practise some of the skills of friendship, including dealing with conflict.
· Keeping yourself safe and knowing who to ask for help if you are worried.
· Looking at work of people around the world and how that can affect our lives.
· Needs and rights of children around the world, including identifying how children’s lives might be different.
· Expressing appreciation to friends and family.
· Understanding that animals and humans go through changes between conception and growing up, including females usually having babies.
· Understanding what a baby needs to live and grow.
· Understanding how babies grow and develop in the uterus.
· Expressing how you might feel about a new baby in the family.
· Understanding how bodies need to change, in order to have babies and how girls and boys bodies change on the outside.
· Understanding these changes and knowing how to cope with the feelings.
· Recognising stereotypical ideas about parenting and family roles.
· Expressing how you feel when ideas are challenged and be willing to change ideas sometimes.