Thames Ditton

Junior School

A place to learn, a place to grow

How to apply for a place


'In Year' Applications (Years 3, 4, 5 & 6)
If you wish to apply for your child to start at school during the school year, you will need to complete an 'in year' application form.  Surrey County Council assists us in managing our in year applications for our school and further information may be obtained from their website Surrey deal with the initial applications and then we make offers when places become available or add your child's name to our waiting lists.. 

Year 3 September 2021

This year we will be offering 90 mainstream places.


For current year 2 children, Surrey admissions recommend you apply online. 'It is quick, easy to use and secure.  All the information you need is in one place, links to school websites, Ofsted, DFE, maps etc.  You will receive an email confirmation that we have received your application.  You can check or change your application,  right up to the closing date.  It saves time, paper and postage." 


2nd November 2020   You can apply online for a school place.
15th January 2021      Closing date for primary applications.  Early applications are welcomed.
16th April 2021            Primary allocation day.  School offer letters are posted first class.  
16th April 2020            Evening. If you applied online you will be sent an email with the outcome.  You can also view your school offer online
By 30th April 2021      You must confirm whether you wish to accept or decline the place you have been offered.
By 17th May 2021       If you wish to appeal for one of the schools listed on your form you should submit it by this date so that it can be heard by 19th July 2021.  

Other Information
If you have more than one child applying for a school place you must make a separate application for each of them.

The local authority has a duty to provide a place for a child if they are out of school but it does not have to be at one of your preferred schools.

If your child has a statement of special educational needs you will need to liaise with your child's case officer if you wish them to change school.

Supplementary Staff Form if applying for a place under criterion 4