Menu

Thames Ditton

Junior School

A place to learn, a place to grow

We have an INSET Day on Friday 17th November and the school will be closed to all pupils.

Ember Learning Trust Development Plan

 

 

Action Plan 2016 – 2017

(Next Board meeting review: 28.2.17)

 

Personal development, behaviour and welfare

(up-dated for 10.1.17 – in bold type, in action column)

Up-dated in red for 28.2.17

 

Action

By whom

By when

Impact/Monitoring and Evaluation

Resources

1. Audit (quantitatively and qualitatively) existing resources across the Trust in terms of support for more vulnerable / disadvantaged learners (HSLW, ELSA, school behaviour counsellor / consultant / Behaviour Support Service.

 

  • FC to co-ordinate in-Trust audit of resources / capabilities.
  • Inclusion (and subject) leaders to meet on 16.1.17 to establish in-Trust networking opportunities.

 

  • Inclusion Leaders (with Heads) to plan for shared Inset on Inclusion (start of Autumn 2017 term / in the lead up to Autumn 2017 half-term - tba). See below:

 

 

 

 

  • Brian Phelps to open day.
  • Workshops on:
  • (eg) ELSA
  • Dyslexia (DG)
  • ASD / ADHD (FC) (including parents? – JW) National Autistic Society speaker for parents: 22.2.17. Parents across the trust invited.
  • 1,2,3, Magic (MP)
  • Inclusion Index.

28.2.17:Feedback re liaison with personnel / agencies to date.

Agree a date for Inclusion Leaders to meet.

 

 

Related reading / research:

Buying collaboratively (DfE) Effective buying for your school (DfE)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spring 2017

 

 

Summer 2017

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inclusion Leaders to report to the Trust on effective support systems, intervention and support strategies.

 

Develop a Trust action plan detailing how the resources and strategies might be shared more effectively and efficiently across the Trust.

Shared leadership time (staff meeting allocation)

 

2. Explore ways in which the Trust can develop policy and practice in relation to inclusion matters to establish consistency of policy and practice across the Trust.

 

 

 

Related reading / research:

  • Surrey CC development plan 2016+
  • Current Ofsted focus on inclusion / PSHE / SMSC / values / British Values.
  • Link to work on Growth Mindset (Carol Dweck)

 

 

Heads / Inclusion Leaders

 

 

 

 

 

Autumn 2017

 

 

Spring 2017

 

Inclusion Index conference – 10.11.16

(Use the Inclusion Index audit tool to establish common areas of development)

 

Report to the Trust on a shared action plan for developing inclusion matters with consistency across the Trust.

 

Conference is free – Headteachers / Inclusion Leaders

 

Shared leadership time (staff meeting allocation)

 

 

 

 

 

3. Share the safeguarding external audit questions for staff and governors across the Trust. Apply these as an audit tool to identify areas of shared development (eg e-safety)

 

  • DG to send report questions to NF
  • FC to check if Claygate can make use of the survey questions
  • Next Heads’ meeting agenda item: share report outcomes

Heads / SBMs / DSLs

Spring 2017

Shared expertise and understanding of safeguarding requirements. Shared commitment to “in-Trust” support to establish consistency of high standards of policy and practice.

Meetings (3) of Heads, SBMs & DSLs

4. Training for all staff on mental health conditions and response strategies & explore with the Trust shared support systems for children experiencing mental health and behaviour issues.

 

  • Staff meetings at HWPS on ADHD (21.2.17) & ASD (21.3.17). If you wish, please send staff to attend. (Let me know extra numbers in advance).
  • Support staff meeting on both: 27.3.17 – please feel free to send staff to attend. Let me know extra numbers in advance

 

Related reading / research:

  • Mental health and behaviour in schools (DfE, March 2015)
  • Counselling in schools: a blueprint (March 2015)
  • Below the radar: low-level disruption in the country’s classrooms

Brian Phelps CAMHS

Summer 2017

(Inset – 2017-18) – see above.

Staff will become more aware of the mental health challenges that face children and their families.

 

Staff will feel empowered to be able to respond appropriately and confidently to help children who are struggling with mental health conditions.

 

Staff will be able to manage challenging behaviour issues with strategies and support.

£1000 (Cost of INSET leader)

 

 

 

 

Leadership and Management

Action

By whom

By when

Impact/Monitoring and Evaluation

Resources

External Validation – Quality of Teaching

  • Sally Hewlett Taylor to be invited to ELT meeting to present on Teaching and Learning Review project
  • Sally Hewlett-Taylor presented to ELT Headteachers 31.01.2017
  • Plan 2 groups of 3 schools to undertake observation
  • 2 groups of 3 schools agreed, make up of each group to be finalised
  • Plan and undertake observation visits to agreed focuses –SEND, Disadvantaged
  • Due to depth of review, ELT Headteachers agreed to plan project Spring 2 for Summer 1 and to employ external view to quality assure process
  • Impact of project is evaluated

 

 

Heads (TDIS)

 

 

 

Heads

 

Heads and SLT

 

 

February

2016

 

 

Spring Term-revised to Summer 1

 

Confidence is built up between schools to openly share practice

 

Formats for lesson observations are shared and developed

 

Professional dialogue promotes progression in quality of teaching for each school

 

Impact identifies positive aspects and next steps for development

 

Time

Review Document

 

Sally Hewlett Taylor

 

Observation formats/Time to review these

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Teaching and Learning (linked to leadership and management school to school observations)

Action

By whom

By when

Impact/Monitoring and Evaluation

Resources

Moderation

  • Joint moderation dates are identified

16.01.2017 – Writing –More Able HWPS

 

  • X3 pieces of styles of writing, per child, per year group, per school.
  • RH to send moderation template to all schools (TDI will type and send all outcomes)
  • FC to check that Claygate will be joining us for this moderation exercise.
  • KK (HWPS) to lead EYFS moderation
  • RH to lead years 1 & 2 moderation
  • DG to lead Year 3
  • NF to lead Year 4
  • DT to lead Year 5 (tbc)
  • FC to lead Year 6
  • FC to copy Babcock grids for years3 – 6.
  • RH to supply grids for years EYFS – Year 2
  • HWPS gave apologies due to OFSTED
  • Effective session leading to moderation pack and evidence for each school

 

02.03.2017 – Mathematics – Meeting EOY Expectations TDJS

15.05.2017 CP

  • Moderator leads are identified for each phase and session
  • Moderation activity undertaken documented to include judgements agreed and staff viewpoint
  • Drop in sessions are available for ELT EYFS. Year 2 and Year 6 staff with ELT Local Authority Moderators
  • This date to be revised for LDIS, HWPS and TDIS due to impact in school –revised date TBC

 

Heads

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heads

 

SLT Leads

 

October 2016

 

 

 

 

 

November

2016

As dated

 

All schools can demonstrate requirement of wider moderation

 

Confidence is developed in accuracy of judgments

 

NQTs are confident to make assessment judgements

 

Local Authority Moderators in ELT support moderation within and beyond within ELT

 

Any ELT school moderated by the Local Authority fully meet expectations

 

 

Moderation Evaluation

Document

 

ELT Local Authority Moderators

 

Assessment

Action

By whom

By when

Impact/Monitoring and Evaluation

Resources

Assessment

  • To share ways in which pupil progress is recorded by class teachers to show if end-of-year expectations have been met;

Comparison of assessment procedures between school included within moderation meetings.

  • To consider how progress is monitored by Heads/SLT and how information is then shared with governors;
  • To consider the use of formal tests and to compare the effectiveness of those used within our schools.

 

Year Group Leaders/Assessment Leaders

 

 

Heads/SLT

 

 

 

Heads

 

Summer 2017

 

 

 

Summer 2017/Autumn 2017

 

Autumn 2017

 

 

 

Heads are able to make informed decisions about:

  • effective record-keeping considering ease of use, teacher workload, clarity etc.
  • presenting clear and useful information on the school websites about the use of Pupil Premium that meets expectations of Ofsted;
  • the use of tests taking into account the validity of the information that is provided and their cost.

Assessment leaders are able to work together to share best practice and where appropriate, to follow common practice.

 

Release time for leaders to meet (£1000 supply)

 

 

 

 

Assessment – Dylan Wiliam et al

 

Pupil Premium

  • To share information on the use of Pupil Premium within our schools;

Suggested agenda item for next Heads’ meeting

  • To look at the intervention programmes that we have in place and to consider their effectiveness;

Suggested agenda item for next Heads’ meeting

  • To compare the way in which information is presented on our school websites;
  • To consider how Pupil Premium is used to support children of medium and high ability.

 

Heads/SLT/Inclusion leaders

 

Inclusion leaders

 

 

 

Heads

 

 

Inclusion Leaders

 

Spring 2017

 

 

Spring 2017

 

 

 

Summer 2017

 

 

Summer 2017

Heads to share information so that the best practice can be followed in all schools including:

  • Consideration of a common format for website information so that comparisons can be more easily made;
  • Difference made by pupil intervention including issues such as:
  • Relative merits of different interventions (Write Away Together, FFT, Reading Inference etc)
  • Measuring the effectiveness of interventions;
  • Pupil Premium for middle- and high- achievers;
  • Measuring the impact of interventions;
  • Timing of intervention including missing foundation subjects

 

Release time to meet and cover for classes.

 

Primary Council Statements

 

Grammar

  • To compare programmes of study for grammar within our schools.

 

 

Literacy Leaders

 

Summer 2017

Heads to consider issues such as:

  • Is grammar taught discreetly? How is it included with units of work relating to specific genres?
  • What assessment of grammar is made below year 6?
  • What resources are used?

Lyndsey Picton and Chris Chen – Year 6, Year2

Release time

 

Agenda items for the next Head Teacher / Board meeting (28.2.17) (see also agenda):

  • Planning Teaching and Learning review project

 

Top